Thursday, May 29, 2008

How not to customize the wordpress blog?

Check out Amitabh Bacchan's blog by BigAdda.com.

They have biggest header I've ever seen (947pixel x 964pixel). This occupies whole of viewport (Not a good UE/UI guideline).
User have to scroll down to get to the actual content (for which they are coming for).

Such absurd approaches are ok with front page design in the name of "branding" or something similar .
But surely avoidable on individual post pages.(which bigadda didn't do).

2 comments:

Shantanu said...

I remember, when I visited his blog for the first time, there is a link "Enter Blog" on the left hand side, which appeared.
I clicked on that and nothing happened, I realized after sometime, that this is the silliest UI I am seeing!

Shantanu

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.