Friday, December 28, 2007

Pulsar 200cc starting problem - "Pigtail clutch switch" malfunction

I have a Pulsar 200cc, bought 10 months back. I love the bike. Since last 2 weeks I started getting problems while starting. Sometimes electric start was not working. After 2-3 trials it used to work so I ignored it initially. Yesterday problem became serious and it didn't start after repeated trials for 20 mins. "Dhakka start" was the only option as no kick start (The serious problem with the bike).

I showed it to my dealer(Khivraj Motors, Bangalore) and they told me that its a known issue with pulsar 200cc. The "Pigtail clutch switch" was not working.
While replacing the clutch and fixing starting problem they didn't connected the battery properly and I had to go back to the dealer with a "Dhakka start".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So the point is that 'dhakka-start' is more reliable! Use it, more often.

-V